Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OPI: Germany Collection (swatches, picture heavy)

Hi Monkeys! Today I have some more new OPIs for you: The Germany Collection! There's alot of stand outs in this collection of 12 polishes. Instead of breaking it up into two posts, I'm packing it all into one long post so you have the entire collection in one area to reference. I hope you enjoy these as much as I have! Onto the swatches after the jump!


Taupe creme, two coats, full opacity, average dry time. I love how this feels like a true taupe to me- chic yet still in charge. 
Oh, Greta, how I love you. A true medium blue shimmer, opaque in two coats, good drying time, did not stain (wore as a full mani for a few days). Love the shimmer in this one!
Don't Pretzel My Buttons is a peach toned nude creme that gives the perfect mannequin hands, two coats, good dry time and full opacity wit no problems. 
Don't Talk Bach To Me is a mustard yellow with that great shimmer we saw much of in the Holland Collection. This is two coats, full opacity and dry time was decent.
Nein is a fabulous deep army gray that has green undertones. Two coats, full opacity and a good dry time later, you have an edgy fall mani!
My Very First Knockwurst is my favorite creme out of the collection. Knockwurst is a nude creme with pale pink undertones, is opaque in two coats with an average dry time which all makes for a clean looking mani.
Deutsche You Want Me Baby is a fabulous bright orange with golden shimmer. I did two coats and in some lights you can see VNL but it's not that apparent unless you are looking for it. Dry time on this was quick and again, the formula was spot on. 
German-icure by OPI is the break out star of the collection- a deep wine burgundy with bronze shimmer. Dry time is good on this and there is no hint of visible nail line. Nice and sultry for fall!
Every Month is Oktoberfest is a deep plum with red/gold shimmer to it. This one is not as eye catching as German-icure but it is just as impressive. I used two coats, quick dry time and full opacity with no problems.
Danke-Shiny Red is a ruby red with golden/yellow undertoned shimmer. Two coats with no application problems and good dry time leave for no visible nail line and a fresh new OPI red.
Suzi & The Dusseldorfs is a purple with blue undertones and a slight pink/lavender shimmer to it. I used two coats, there's no visible nail line and the dry time/formula was spot on. Not the most unique color but it is quite pretty and of course.... purple, can't go wrong. 
Schnapps Out of It is a burnt mauve.. a mauve with muted orange like terracotta? This one has a hint of shimmer to it but it's not as visible on the nail as it is in the bottle. 
Overall this collection is much more impressive than the press release pictures and descriptions. It reminds me of the Holland collection with the half shimmer/half creme balance. With 12 colors to choose from, there's something for everyone and as always, you get the OPI pro-wide brush and professional formula for long wear. I'll have a few more manis highlighting this collection coming up so stay tuned. 

Germany by OPI will be available August 8, 2012, at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $8.50 ($9.95 CAN) suggested retail for each Nail Lacquer. 
            For more information, please call 800-341-9999 or visit www.opi.com. Follow OPI on Twitter @OPI_PRODUCTS and become a Facebook fan!


*products provided by OPI*

13 comments:

  1. Oh MY... Great Swatches.. <3 the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, those looks fantastic!! :D Wonderful post and swatches! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these, I think I now know which to buy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. DUDE!!!!! German-icure looks amazing!!! Great swatches as always Monkey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for this! You just saved me a ton of money!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I really like all of these! Which is kind of unfortunate considering my financial situation. Oh well, I'll just drool over your pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya on that one Tenderheartr! It's now got to be something I really cannot live without or an extremely weak moment of impulse.

      Delete
  8. The red and orange are nice. The rest sort of don't capture my attention. But I have so many polishes in my stash and with little to no more storage and $$$ tight, I am beyond picky now as to what I really want/need. I did not end up wearing many of the Holland collection - did not like the Minnie set, got greedy and bought too many of this years ChG polishes that I won't end up wearing. So reality check has finally hit me with more than 1500 bottles in my stash...many that I adore and re-visit all the time - others are major lonesome. Good swatches - nice break down. This collection to me does work around it's theme as well as being good for fall colors with some that one can use to 'merge' into fall from summer brights/favs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting your swatches - I'm going to have to stare at them a lot until I decide which one or two I'm going to purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great swatches!! That must have been a bit of work :) I´m really looking forward to the Germany Collection :)

    Greetings from Germany, Leni

    ReplyDelete

I read all comments because I like to be interactive with my readers and respond. Please be respectful- no spamming- bad language. If you have a site you want me to see, email me and l will check it out :)